Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You're My Hero

Q:

There are two car companies that meet these criteria:

1)  they both have two sets of repeated letters

2)  the repeated sets of letters for both companies are the same distance apart in the alphabet

What car companies are these?



A:

This week's title refers Hiroshima or Hirohito.  The image is the Mach 5, driven by Speed Racer.  Both are references to Japan as both car companies are Japanese.

O and T are 5 spaces apart in the alphabet as are N and S.  The answer is

Toyota                          Nissan

11 comments:

  1. I ve always been partial to purple flowers and pickles but something doesn't quite click

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own two cars from one of the companies, so the answer sped suddenly into mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this puzzle the fulfillment of some 16th Century prophecy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paul I'm thinking the same as long as it is not spelled with an "O". ( I ate the pickle and threw away the flowers although I think a singer did use one of the names in a flowery way).

    ReplyDelete
  5. In alphabetical order, NOST, the first four letters of Nostradamus, 16th Century "prophet".

    "Hero" totally escaped me. I don't know anything about "Speed Racer", other than having heard the name, so that helps me interpret ken's comment. I did note the number on the side of the car.

    RoRo, I'm guessing that you gave some consideration to "Cadillac"["dill", "lilac", and clic(k)] before arriving at the correct answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, googled Nostradamus but never made the connection.

    Number five was unintentional.

    Thanks for the help with RoRo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I was way off yes cadillac was first but then i went with griffin and rolls royce. Specially after Paul said the prophecy thing that mentions the Griffin. and I hinted at singer Rose Royce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RoRo, don't forget Springsteen's "Pink Cadillac".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was referring to Toyota's problems with sudden acceleration.

    ReplyDelete