Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home At Last

Q:

Take the first 2 letters of a certain US state to get a 2 letter word.  Next, take the first 2 letters of another state and the first 2 letters of its capital city to get a 4 letter word. The result in 2-4, will name a place in which a large portion of the population might say they live.


Which 2 states and capital are these?

Hint:

No hints yet. Post your answer in the comments area.



A:

As many of you guessed, the large portion of the population is Hispanic.

MIchigan, MIssouri, etc. and CAlifornia + SAcramento  -->  Mi Casa  -  Spanish for "My House."

2 comments:

  1. I assumed the phrase was "Mi Casa" but there are numerous states that start with "Mi" and it says "a certain US state". Hmm, what am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed nothing. I had postal abbreviations stuck in my head, again.

    ReplyDelete