Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Don't Touch That Dial!

Q:


"Do you see this thin wound beneath the victim's left shoulder blade?  Its symmetry and size leave little doubt as to the murder weapon.  I'll inform the captain to hold the suspects since they all had access to the kitchen."

Now that I have your attention, pick two consecutive words from this excerpt.  Rearrange the letters to name the genre of the story.

Photo courtesy of

A:  


There are some red herrings here.  Film Noir and Suspense were close but no cigar.  Damn Mystery works, but c'mon.  Really?

The solution comes much sooner from the phrase thin wound.  


Who Dunnit

3 comments:

  1. "Slice of life"?....Just kidding.

    The title remains a blinkin' enigma to me, but at least I know where to go to eat if I'm ever in the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where herring come from and I fear you've latched onto a red one...blinkin' shame.

      Delete
  2. I like your two misdirections (typical for the genre) on line 2. I had to start over to finger the right suspect.

    ReplyDelete