Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Failed Expectation

Q:


"You give and give and give and it's never enough.  They don't care.  They just keep coming back for more."  Think of an eight letter word that might describe people like this.

Rearrange those eight letters to name someone who takes and takes and takes and keeps coming back for more.

Photo courtesy of

A:

The title refers to http error code 417, "Expectation Failed", and 417 may also refer to April 17th.  The image is a grate.  

Ingrates                IRS Agent


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. INGRATES
      12345678
      --------
      IRSAGENT
      14853726 = 2214 X 6709

      Delete
  2. I have a solution that didn't quite fit your original wording. Now that you changed a word, the solution fits. I'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your original wording as "Think of an eight letter word that might describe someone like this." You changed "someone" to "people"?

      Delete
    2. You must have caught the puzzle the instant I put it up.

      Delete
  3. Lacking imagination, I never got beyond my initial attempts to incorporate "tax" into the answer. Nice puzzle!

    ReplyDelete