Friday, September 17, 2010

Sour Puss

Q:

Who might say this, Kelly Ripa or Regis Philbin?

“Oh, dear me. Cooking a meal in Paris did me in.”

Explain your answer


Hint:

There's a clue in the title that should help you deliver the correct answer.


Post your answer in the comments area.

A:




In the title, the word PUSS can be anagrammed into USPS to help you "deliver" the correct answer.

The statement is a string of postal abbreviations:  OH DE AR ME.  CO OK IN GA ME AL etc.  Since Kelly's last name is RIPA (Rhode Island and Pennsylvania), she would be the speaker.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I don't think I have a clue to the solution. I noticed that by looking at the endings of the words I could spell out REGIS.

    "oh deaR mE cookinG a meal in parIS did me in."

    So I posted a comment with:
    "i thinK therE wilL likeLY be some confusion about this puzzle"

    But I see no relationship to the title so I'm guessing I'm completely wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I stumped you. Glad it wasn't too easy but I hope it wasn't too obscure. I do like how your mind works.

    ReplyDelete